Horsepal® is a revolution in horse management. Developed by Horseware® Ireland, Horsepal® is a stable management app that connects to a sensor designed to fit in your Horseware® Ireland blankets. It allows owners to monitor their horse’s temperature and humidity from their mobile phone or desktop and stores the history of your horse's well- being.
Horsepal® is very simple. Simply attach the sensor provided to your horse's blanket. This sensor will monitor your horse's temperature and the humidity inside of the blanket and collect data for you to download and review.
By collecting this data, you can monitor your horse's comfort levels, ensuring that you are blanketing your horse correctly, giving you peace of mind. You can even add users, such as a stable manager, grooms or family members and have them send you data while you’re away from the yard.
We considered everything when developing this product, even that the internet connection in the yard or in the field, may not be very reliable. This means that you do not need an internet connection to use the app and the sensor. If you do not have an internet connection when you are taking a reading, the information will be stored locally on your device. Once you have access to an internet connection again, you can sync to the cloud and all of the data collected will be moved to the cloud freeing up the space on your device.
No - if you attach the sensor in the correct place, it shouldn't be damaged when your horse rolls or lies down.
Once you're within 30 feet of the sensor, you can use the Horsepal® mobile app to connect to the sensor via Bluetooth and download all the data the sensor has collected. You'll be able to access lots of information through the app, but you'll see even more if you log into the Horsepal® website from your desktop.
No - the sensor can hold up to 3 days of data.
Your data will be stored indefinitely after syncing to the cloud. Your data is neither stored directly in the app nor on your mobile device. So you still have access to your data even when using a different device by simply logging into the app with the same account.
The sensors are water resistant. It will withstand rain, sweat and moisture from a damp or wet cloth if you want to wipe away any muck, sweat, grease etc. However they must be removed from rugs during washing.
Yes you can. It's very simple. Simply go into your setting section and you can change the temperature format quickly and easily.
The Horsepal® App automatically adapts to the language from your mobile device. If you want to change the language of the app, you simply have to change the language of your device.
You can use your sensor with different devices. In order to do so, just log into the Horsepal® App using the same username and password. It is important to know that one sensor can only be linked to one horse - this means that one sensor can be linked to a number of accounts if this horse has been shared with other people.
The sensor is linked to your horse. If you buy a new phone, just download the Horsepal® App again and log in using your normal user name and password. You will find all the data that you have recorded with your old phone and you can now add new data.
Horsepal® is compatible with iOS 10.0 and newer, as well as Android 6.0 and newer. Your Android device has to be compatible with Bluetooth 4.0+ technology (4.0, 4.1, 4.2).
• Make sure that you use the right email address.
• If you want to reset your password, simply click on "forgot password". You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click on the link and enter your new password. Then return to the Horsepal® App and log in with the new password.
• If you still have not received an email from us after a few minutes, check your junk folder.
Yes - You can share your horse with a number of people so that they can take your horse’s readings when you are not able to.
No – One sensor can only read one horse at a time.
For our algorithms and rugging advise to be accurate, we strongly suggest only using one sensor on one horse.
No – We will store all of the data you have collected for your horse in our cloud free of charge, so you can look back at all of your horse’s readings with no limitations.
This is to help you identify which sensor belongs to which horse, if you have more than one sensor.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). According to European law, you have the right to ask what information we have about you. We are obliged to share the data we have about you with you. You can even ask us to delete this data.
If you wish to do so, please contact us at support@Horsepal.com
The battery is not designed to take a lot of readings in short periods of time.
• If you get a successful reading, you should not need to take another reading for another few hours.
• If your device fails to take a reading, do not keep attempting to take readings. This will drain the battery. You should remove the battery, clean out the inside to ensure that there is no hair or dust, make sure to re-insert the battery the correct way around and attempt another reading after waiting 15 minutes.
• If your phone can’t see the sensor when using the application, you turn the sensor off and on again. You can do this by removing the battery, cleaning the inside to remove and dust or dirt. Refresh your sensor list and replace the battery again. Your sensor should pop up at the bottom of the sensor list.
The update process of the Horsepal® App works just like for any other app on your mobile device.
• How to install an update on an Android phone
Go to the Google Play Store.
Click on ‘My apps and games’ in the menu bar.
The apps that have an update available are marked with "Update".
Click on the word ‘Update’ next to the App to launch the installation of the update.
• How to install an update on an iPhone
Go to the Apple Store.
Click on the symbol ‘Updates’ in the menu bar. Select the Horsepal® App and click on ‘Update’.
It is essential to update the app once a new update is available.
Every new update fixes errors which have been detected in previous versions. The updates also give you access to new features which you would not want to miss. As soon as we find solutions to bugs or when we add any new features, we would add these in the new updates.
So don’t forget to regularly update your Horsepal® app!
Please contact our customer service at support@Horsepal.com if you are having problems with your app/sensor.
If you have bought your Horsepal® sensor from one of our retailers and you have a question or a problem, please feel free to contact our dedicated customer service team at support@Horsepal.com.
If you buy goods in a shop, you have no EU legal right to return the goods (for exchange or refund) unless the item is faulty. However, many shops voluntarily allow customers to return or exchange goods during a certain time period. Make sure you check the returns policy of the shop where you made your purchase, as that is where your contract lies.
There are several ways to contact our dedicated support team-
1. Email any queries you have to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. In the Horsepal® app, Go to Dashboard >> Menu >> support.
Fill in the necessary fields and click send.
3. On the Horsepal® website, if you log out of your account and scroll down on the bottom of any page there is an option to get in touch with support. Or you can click the contact button on the top. menu